Position: Cook (Casual)
The Branksome Hotel & Residences (TBHR), situated within walking distance of Mascot Station and the Domestic airport, provides luxury serviced apartments for short or long stay guests. At the TBHR we pride ourselves on professionalism and high levels of service. This is reflected in our above 4 ½ stars rating in Tripadvisor and Google review.
We are currently looking for exceptional and highly motivated Cook to join our team on a casual basis.
Working closely with the Head Chef, the successful candidate will be accountable for all day to day kitchen operations of the assigned section including full implementation of HACCP code of practice. This will be a hands-on role in a busy environment. The ideal candidate will be an excellent multi-tasker, a problem solver with excellent communication skills, and exudes a calm disposition under pressure.
We are looking for someone with:
- Certificate II qualifications in Commercial Cookery
- Minimum 1-year industry experience in a similar capacity
- Genuine passion and love for food
- Good knowledge of both Western and Asian cuisine including wok skills
- Current food safety and handling certificate
- Strong knowledge of HACCP and hygiene practices
- The ability to operate in a high value kitchen
- The ability to work under pressure
- Strong leadership and time management skills
- The ability to work within a team environment including willingness to assist other departments as required
- The flexibility to work over a 7-day week on a rotating roster including nights, weekends, and public holidays
- Working rights in Australia
If you are up for this great challenge and keen to advance your career and skills with one of Sydney’s luxury hotels, then please click on ‘Apply’ now.