Position: Events Executive (Full-time)
The Branksome Hotel & Residences (TBHR), situated within walking distance from Mascot Station and the Domestic airport, provides 152 luxury suites in an apartments style suitable for short or long stay guests. At the TBHR, we take pride in our expertise and exceptional customer service. This is evident in our TripAdvisor and Google review ratings of over 4 ½ stars.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our friendly team. This is a full-time position based in Mascot, NSW.
This position will report directly to the Commercial Director.
- Up to date product knowledge of all product offerings, rates, including new developments of key competitors, as well as a broad understanding of industry trends, market intelligence, and so on.
- As necessary, actively participate in client familiarisation tours, site inspections, sales trips, and road shows, which may include weekend shifts.
- Communicate efficiently with the operations staff, including Front Desk, Reservations, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping and others, providing support on the floor to ensure accurate execution.
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of client databases for marketing and promotional efforts.
- Prepare proposals for Conference, Corporate events, Social events, and Residential conference, among other things.
- Ensuring that all phone and written inquiries are handled promptly and courteously in accordance with the Company's standards.
- Prior to submitting any official documents, ensure that all event-related documents are thoroughly reviewed.
- Ensure daily Activity/Traces reports are printed and actioned, and that deadlines are met.
- Keep track of all enquiries, lost/rejected business, and total demand.
- Maintain high level of guest satisfaction at all times.
- Provide individualised service and report any complaints, suggestions, or compliments.
We are looking for someone who possesses the following skills:
- Minimum 2 years of experience within the hospitality or events industry.
- Previous event management or event planning experience in a 5-star hotel.
- The ability to adapt to the business' development and change.
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- The desire to succeed.
- Outstanding communication abilities.
- Have a positive attitude and collaborate well with various departments to help establish a consistent and productive working environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Detail-oriented and time-management abilities.
- Outstanding personal presentation.
- Strong client-relationship and business-retention capabilities.
- Must be available to work on weekends if required, including flexibility to working days/ hours based on business needs.
- Full work rights in Australia
If you are up for this great opportunity and keen to advance your career and skills with one of Sydney’s luxury hotels, then please click on ‘Apply’ now.
Please note: Under The Branksome Hotel & Residences COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy all new customer-facing frontline employees must be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine, and provide evidence of vaccination.