Position: Maintenance Officer (Full-time)
The Branksome Hotel & Residences (TBHR), situated within walking distance of Mascot Station and the Domestic airport, provides luxury serviced apartments for short or long stay guests. At the TBHR we pride ourselves on professionalism and high levels of service. This is reflected in our above 4 ½ stars rating in Tripadvisor and Google review.
We are looking for a reliable Handy/Maintenance person to be responsible for the upkeep and repairs within the premises. This is a full-time position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Non trade repairs in all areas
- Painting and filling of gaps
- Preventative maintenance
- Assists tradespeople with electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Identify and report the need for major repairs
- Communicate with and assist housekeeping staff to ensure the accommodation rooms are in perfect condition
- Oversee the cleaning of facilities
- Assist in the movement of furniture, artworks, and seasonal decorations as directed
- Maintain a neat, organised and safe maintenance room
- Be responsible for stock control and ordering of maintenance essentials
- Maintain warm and hospitable customer relations with staff members and tradespeople at all times
- Undertake duties or emergency tasks as assigned
- Good command in spoken and written English
- Have a current Australian driver’s license
- Work flexible hours as required
The successful candidate will be honest and reliable with a positive attitude and an eye for detail. Previous experience in a similar role is essential and only applicants who have the legal right to work in Australia will be considered. Accommodation arrangement may be provided to the successful candidate.
If you are up for this great challenge and keen to advance your career and skills with one of Sydney’s luxury hotels, then please click on ‘Apply’ now.
Please note: Under The Branksome Hotel & Residences COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy all new customer-facing frontline employees must be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide evidence of vaccination.